Afternoon: Ely Stained Glass Museum and Cathedral, Wednesday 14th September
Members who attended Dr Allen’s talk in April will know what treasures the Museum has and how it tells the story of the craft from before the Conquest to the 21st century. Here then is the chance to take up her invitation to a guided visit. Please note, however, that the Museum is in the Triforium, up a spiral staircase of 40 steps. Afterwards we have a guided tour of the cathedral, mindful that whilst many will have visited the cathedral on occasion, they may have missed much of tis magnificent building which an expert guide can point out. Members with energy wanting to make a full day of it may like a visit to the newly-refurbished Ely Museum or consult records in Cambridgeshire Archives (relocated to Ely in 2019) in the morning or simply potter round a charming fenland town.
Own or public transport. Best car park is probably Barton Road.
Meet outside the West Door of the Cathedral at 1.15pm.
Cost £12, or Cathedral tour only (at 3.00pm) £8.00. Please pay in advance by cheque, Bank transfer (contact David for BACS details) or pay, correct money, on the day
Book by Wednesday 31st August by sending booking form to David Smith (email@example.com). Please note early deadline. Maximum 30 persons
Excursion Notes :
- Note especially the ‘Book By’ deadline. Early booking is helpfu. However, do telephone if you are able to come at the last minute. Where possible we will accept you. Any late bookings contact David Smith (07886 640177)
- We are not providing an coach excursions this year as we thught covid concerns would keep interest in coach trips below what we need to make them viable, which has itself risen due to higher fuel costs. But please tell us if you miss coach excursions and wuld come on one despite higher cost
- If you need a lift please let us know and we will try and arrange.
- Non-members guests are very welcome
- The Society undertakes to make arrangements for the excursions but cannot accept liability for any mishap or loss connected with them.